FAQs on social media
Is Social Media worth the investment?
- Social media is a key driver of traffic to your website ~ If SEO is the modern-day phone book, Social media is word of mouth. You can track the effect of this word-of-mouth traffic by digging into your Google Analytics reports.
- Social media influences buying behaviour
- Customers expect and appreciate support via social media ~ Customer service on social media is growing more and more essential, and the customers are leading the charge. They expect to find solutions on social media.
- People are already talking about you and your competitors on social media ~ You can participate in these conversations if you’re on social media and set up mention alerts so you don’t miss opportunities to engage with your current and prospective customer base.
How do I find content specific to my audience?
Follow key influencers on your preferred social media platforms or try some of these content platforms:
What do I do if I’m a little light on content?
Alongside curating industry information using some of the tools above. You can share behind-the-scenes or your thoughts on industry-relevant content via blogs or social media.
Don’t forget you can share your stories more than once. It allows you to reach people who didn’t see your message the first time around. Resharing keeps earning engagements and click-throughs.
How can I make my content visible beyond my current audience?
Did you know Tweets with hashtags receive two times more engagement than those without? Why? hashtags are digital file labels – they’re easily searchable and they allow your content to be visible whether people follow you or not.
Along with adding hashtags to your content, you can also use hashtags to find relevant people to follow. Searching for a specific hashtag will also show people who are using the hashtag. Follow these users and when they follow you back, start a conversation and potentially introduce your campaign if you think it is relevant to them.
What is the best practice for tagging people, companies or pages in social media posts?
Tagging people and pages on social media instantly connect you to these users and companies. They get a notification that they’ve been mentioned and can interact if they so choose.
- Add a “via @username” to the end of stories you share on social media. Most often, the “via” references the author who wrote the story or the site that published it.
- Add a “Hat Tip to @username” to credit those who turned you onto a story or idea. This is the digital version of tipping one’s hat toward another to say thanks.
- When referencing a person or company in an update, replace their name with their tag or username.
How can I get more engagement on my social media posts?
Engagement—the sum of reshares, likes, comments, and clicks—is a big signal of social success for many business, so how do you get more people talking about and interacting with your brand on social media? Three easy ways are:
- Ask questions
- Share behind-the-scenes
- Run a contest or poll
How do I make sure my social media strategy is working across all my chosen social media channels?
Whether it’s lead generation, engagement or building a loyal community, your strategy is likely to work across all of your chosen social media channels – what will change is the frequency of posting.
What other questions do you have about social media marketing?
We’re always interested in hearing your questions about social media marketing.
If there is a question or topic you’d love for us to cover on our blog, let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org